Sunday, December 9, 2012

Perforated Plastic!

Wow, I have no idea how come it took me so long to try out perforated plastic/plastic canvas, but I finally did! Of course it's not for everything, but I think that a new revolution in my stitching is going to happen...

 

I do find myself having to rest a lot more as I have to push the needle harder through the canvas, so my fingers hurt a bit. I used three threads for this piece as per what the package recommends, maybe it will go faster and easier with just two? I will try that for the next tiny motif. I do like that the plastic is stiff, it's easier than working with felt/waste canvas, for sure!

Anyway, I'm working on this piece for a Christmas swap. My recipient likes unicorns and handmade items, so I've chosen to stitch an ornament for her using the fantasy letters from Cross Stitch Crazy #167 (September 2012). Should be quite up her alley! The only worry now is if I can finish this before the deadline!

No comments:

Post a Comment